We are thrilled to share the news that we've teamed up with Alpaca to reintroduce our enhanced Stock Rewards program to our members! At Moves, we're dedicated to empowering every gig worker and driving them toward success. The relaunch of our Stock Rewards program reflects our unwavering belief that gig workers should be co-owners in the platforms they contribute to—now more than ever.
Our revamped Stock Rewards program is designed with your experience and service in mind. When you open a Moves Spending Account, you automatically become eligible to start earning rewards. As you use your Moves card for purchases, you'll see your rewards accumulate, which can be redeemed for Stock Rewards.
By navigating to your Stock Tab in-app, you can easily track the stocks you own and explore options for purchasing more with your accumulated reward earnings.
To get started, simply navigate to your Stock Tab within the Moves app and follow these steps:
- Open a stock brokerage account to start owning stocks with supported public gig companies.
- After completing the application, please allow 1-3 business days for your brokerage account to be set up, pending verification conducted by Alpaca.
- You must accumulate a minimum of $5 in Stock Rewards before you can redeem. You will be eligible to redeem stock for the supported gig apps you have connected to your Moves account.
- It may take up to 3 business days for the funds to transfer from your Moves Spending Account to your brokerage account.
- Once the funds are available in your brokerage account, you can select the gig app from which you'd like to purchase stocks.
- Please note that only publicly traded gig apps are available for stock purchases.
- If you don't have an eligible gig platform connected, your awards will automatically default to Uber.
- You can track your portfolio directly within the Stock Tab on your Moves app.
Personal Details and Managing your Brokerage account
For any personal information changes, click on "Manage Brokerage Account" at the top of your Stock Tab. Here, you can access regulatory documents, update personal details like your address and phone number, and access monthly account statements.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out via Live Chat on M-F from 10am-5pm, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note Moves is a technology provider enhancing the US stock market trading experience. We do not in any way or form offer brokerage services, provide investment advice, or cater to international clientele.
*Investing in securities involves risk, including possible loss of principal: Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Moves does not offer investment advice. Accounts are self directed. Individual investors should consider the risks and benefits associated with any investment or strategy and weigh potential benefits of investing against the risks associated with any investment. Risks include loss of the total value of the investment. The Moves Spending Account is provided by Blue Ridge Bank N.A.; Member FDIC. The Moves Financial Visa® Debit Card is issued by Blue Ridge Bank N.A. pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Cash advances are provided by Moves Financial, not Blue Ridge Bank N.A. ±Terms and eligibility requirements apply. See here for more details. ±±Terms and eligibility requirements apply. See here for more details. ‡Terms and conditions apply. See here for more details. †Terms and eligibility requirements apply. See here for more details. §Terms and eligibility requirements apply. See Terms and Conditions for more. Moves Financial is not a broker-dealer, investment adviser or member of FINRA. Brokerage services are offered by Alpaca Securities LLC (“Alpaca Securities”). Alpaca Securities is a member of FINRA and the Securities Investor Protection Corporation.